Vinyl Print Clothing Care
Proper vinyl print clothing care will help to keep your decals looking fresh!
- Do not dry clean. Your decal clothing should never be dry cleaned. The harsh temperature and chemicals that are used during dry clean just do not mix well with vinyl. This isn’t something you typically have to worry about unless you are applying vinyl to work uniforms.
- Wash and dry garments inside out. By turning the shirts, pillowcases etc. inside out you’re giving the vinyl a layer of protection during the wash. While washing and drying clothes, they’re rubbing up against each other and that abrasion during washing can cause your vinyl to peel prematurely.
- Choose cold or warm water temperature settings for the wash. When washing shirts that have vinyl on them, you don’t want your temperature to exceed 178 degrees Fahrenheit. High temperatures can weaken the adhesive on the vinyl which can cause the vinyl to crack.
- Use mild detergent. Detergents that are “green” can be too harsh for the adhesive on the vinyl. You should also avoid bleach and fabric softener to make the vinyl last as long as possible.
- Dry on low/tumble setting or hang to dry. Just like when washing it, you won’t want to dry your vinyl on high heat. If you stick with low heat or tumble dry, you should be good to go. If possible, you can hang dry your vinyl garments for best results. Hang drying will minimize any wrinkle you see in the vinyl after washing.
- Do not iron directly on a vinyl design. Just like you never iron directly on the vinyl when applying, you won’t ever want to do that after laundering. The high heat on the vinyl will melt the vinyl and or burn the adhesive. Regardless, ironing on vinyl is a great way to ruin a shirt. If you must iron the shirt, make sure to use low heat and place a dish towel or cloth over the transfer.
Check out Creektee for fun t shirts or design your own custom t shirt!
- Zombies -What You Really Need To Know !
- Valentines Day – Love Is In The Air!
- New Year, New You, New Hope
- Camping Vancouver Island
- Get Motivated – Get Energized!