Baby Shower Food – Keep It Simple!
The baby shower food should be simple finger foods, not hot dishes. They should be easy and simple and foods that can be prepared ahead of time, so its just a matter of unwrapping and setting out.
Ask friends or family for help with the appies.
They could bring pickles, sliced cheese, crackers, etc.
The food should be bite sized finger food and easy to eat.
A charcuterie board is a very popular trend for any occasion. It is a large platter or board filled with sliced cheeses, cold cuts, fruit, veggies, pickle, olives, crackers, bread sticks, dips and jams.
They are fun and simple to make. The possibilities are endless.
Use trays, platters or boards for your food.
Make them eye catching by the careful placement of different fruits and veggies. Perhaps some orange cheeses in the center of a circle of bright red strawberries and green grapes. Be imaginative and creative.
Baby shower food for the fingers! Baby shower food
Finger foods are perfect for showers. Make them as plain or fancy as like. Fancy food picks or skewers can be used in pickles and fruits.
- Pickles – all kinds. If serving dill pickles it may be more appealing to slice them or halve them for bite size pieces
- Cheese – There are countless different cheeses. Cut them in small even sized, pieces.
- Sandwiches – You can make traditional sandwiches sliced into quarters or you can really get creative. Ribbon sandwiches and rolled sandwiches are always a hit and it will look like you have knocked yourself out. They are a little more work but worth the effort.
- Make wraps and slice them into bite sized servings.
- Sandwich and wrap fillings – Make a variety. Devilled egg, ham, chicken, tuna, salmon, cheese, turkey, cold cuts.
- Wraps – wraps make a nice showing instead of bread. Fill with whatever you choose, chill and slice
- Crackers – have at least a couple different varieties.
- Fruit – strawberries, grapes, cantaloupe wedges, watermelon wedges, orange slices, Avoid fruits that will discolor such as apple slices and bananas
- Vegetables – carrot sticks, celery sticks, cauliflower florets, cucumber slices. radishes
- Sweets – cookies, chocolates, mints, tarts, bite sized baked goods
Non alcoholic beverages are generally served at showers. However, that is entirely up to you!
Keep in mind that if you serve alcohol, don’t over serve. You want your guests to get home safely!
Here are some non alcoholic beverage ideas:
- Sparkling water
- Fruit juices
- Punch bowl
- Iced Tea
Serve your food buffet style. Prep your table with a cute or colorful cloth. Gender specific if you know the gender.
Napkins, paper or china plates and cups or glasses for beverages
Have your food at one end and plates and cutlery at the other end, so everyone can get their plates and dig in.
This event can be as plain or fancy as you make it. Be creative! Use your imagination!