Get Motivated – Get Energized!
Why is it some days we are all energized, fired up and raring to go? Then on other days we feel like the wet dish rag that just put out the fire! We really need to get motivated, but how?
Most of our moods and behaviors come from within ourselves. They don’t come from outside sources like many people are prone to believe. Why are we angry, glum or listless?
It’s not because John didn’t show up for work, you didn’t get your raise or because you had a flat tire. While those may be contributing factors, the real reason is that you are allowing it to disrupt your day. You have relinquished the power of your own well being and positivity to outside sources.
Do you see? People can’t make you angry, sad or even happy. It’s your choice, you decide the course of your day.
Take back the control of your thoughts and emotions. Turn those negatives into positives.
Get Motivated – Be Positive
The first step to being motivated is to be positive. After all, you can’t be a motivated ball of fire if you are sitting in the corner dwelling on the past. Sadly rehashing all of the things that have gone or could go wrong. This won’t get you up and at ’em!
Put a positive spin on all of your thoughts. You can’t be perfect at everything. If you have had failures you are normal! Life is all about second chances, many times even third and fourth chances. Think of all of the good things that you can do. Try to improve on those.
Also take the time to think of all of the things you have failed at and how you can change and improve the outcomes next time. Show everyone what you can do and not what you wish you could do!
Negative: I can’t. I won’t. I didn’t
Positive: I Can! I Will! I Did!
Set Goals or Adjust Your Existing Goals
Sometimes we set goals for ourselves that are just unreasonable and unattainable. Set goals that you believe you can reach, unrealistic goals are the sure path to failure.
Break your main goal down into smaller achievable steps to reaching your ultimate goal.
Success is not a big step in the future. Success is a small step taken right now!
Let’s use this example: My goal is to have a spotless, clutter free home.
Oh, but then you take a look around and say, “Shut the front door! No way, can’t do it. It’s just too overwhelming!”
So let’s adjust that goal to: Today I am going to clean out and wash my kitchen cupboards.
Then you might say, “Oh, well that’s fairly easy and straightforward. I can handle that!”
End of day result? Done! Perfect! Move on!
The next day choose another room and so on. Set goals that you know you can accomplish. This will give you that satisfying feeling of accomplishment and motivate you to move forward to the next step in achieving your goal.
By the end of the week, two weeks or months, whatever time it takes, by doing it in steps, you will eventually reach your goal!
Apply this small step goal method to any ultimate goal from housecleaning to business and career goals to financial success.
Always start with that first small step and don’t skip any steps on your way!
Get Motivated by journaling your progress!
Writing down your goals and the smaller goals it takes to get there will keep you on track. Track your progress, note the things that worked best and also the things that didn’t work out so well.
Be honest with yourself! Write down everything that went well and all of the things that just didn’t. This will help to inspire you to do a better job next time. Don’t think of the things that didn’t work in the terms of failures. Think of them as learning curves.
You will never succeed if you don’t at least give it a try. Remember, no matter what it is, always give it your best shot. No one can say you could have done better if you know that you did your best!
Look after YOURSELF!
You can’t get motivated if you are tired and weary. You will just feel like curling into a ball and pretending you’re the house cat!
- Lack of sleep affects your mood and can result in other health problems. Get a good night’s sleep.
- Stay hydrated. Lack of water can lead to headaches, low moods and exhaustion. Drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water every day.
- Stay happy and refreshed with some fresh air and sun. Take a break, go outside and grab some natural light and fresh air.
Get motivated by LIFE!
While we all get second and third chances at most things, LIFE itself gives you but one chance. Yes folks, we all go around just one time, make it worthwhile.
Always give everything that you do your best shot. You may not get a second chance to do it again.
Make the most of each and everyday!
Always be grateful for the things that you have instead of longing for the things that you don’t have!
Love hard, play hard and work hard! Live each day to its fullest!
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
~ MAE WEST
- Zombies -What You Really Need To Know !Well, plain and simple a Zombie is a dead person. That’s right he is dead, but animated in a trance like state. He is basically dead for all intelligent purposes, but yet undead because...
- Valentines Day – Love Is In The Air!Valentines Day is also known as Saint Valentines Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine. It is celebrated annually on February 14th. Originally it was celebrated as a Christian feast day to pay tribute...
- New Year, New You, New HopeI am sure that we all agree that its certainly time to ring in a new year. The last few years have been devastating to so many of us. Along with the pandemic we...
- Camping Vancouver IslandWhy should you go camping on Vancouver Island? Vancouver Island is one of nature’s treasures. It has spectacular ocean views, miles of rugged coastlines, beaches, forests and an abundant amount of campsites. Whether you...
- Get Motivated – Get Energized!Why is it some days we are all energized, fired up and raring to go? Then on other days we feel like the wet dish rag that just put out the fire! We really...