Coffee: Some Like It Hot! – Creektee Cafe
A nice warm coffee goes down quite easily when we sit back and read our morning paper.
It gives us a warm fuzzy feeling on a cool winters day.
There are times though when we just need to switch it up, but we still want to get that caffeine kick.
We are going to explore some quick and easy cold coffee drinks.
Cold coffee whether it is fresh brewed or instant, can make a refreshing summer drink.
First start by making your coffee and letting it cool completely. Coffee comes in a variety of different blends , dark , medium roast, light roast. Choose your favorite one!
You can use brewed, drip, instant or espresso. Its whatever appeals to your taste buds.
Make a cup or make a batch.
The All Time Easiest!
- Get out your favorite mug and fill about 2/3 full of cold coffee
- Add ice cubes
- Stir and drink
Spruce it up with a slice of lemon or lime or a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
That’s just too simple, but you know what? It works and coffee lovers can enjoy a nice cup of cool while sitting in the sun.
Iced Coffee Smoothies
Blenders help to make the best of mixing up the ingredients and making them nice and frothy! It will give you a smooth cold brew.
Dust off that blender and let your imagination roll.
When adding spices or flavorings use an amount that suits your taste. There is no right or wrong amount.
You may need a pinch or a tablespoon, depending on what you are using.
- You’re blender requires some liquid before starting to blend. So always start with at least 1/4 cup of cooled coffee in the blender.
- Add spices or flavorings.
- Blend lightly to get some frothing.
- Add 8 to 10 ice cubes and blend till smooth. Add more coffee as desired.
- At this point you can serve it as is or add more coffee, milk, flavored creamer, ice cream or a combination of any of them. More ice will give you more froth.
- Serve in your favorite mug top with whipping cream and sprinkles. You can also top it with cinnamon or nutmeg.
Here you can let your imagination run wild and become a coffee barrista!
These are just a few ideas…the rest are in your imagination. The amount of flavoring to add is your own personal taste, anywhere from a pinch to a tablespoon. These are added in step 2 above and then follow the same blending procedure.
- Sundae toppings. These come in a variety of flavors with caramel being my all time favorite.
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract, oil or break up a candy cane and put it in the blender!
- Chocolate. Powder, liquid or chocolate chips
- Pumpkin Spice
- Cardamom, it has a similar taste to ginger
- Star anise , a licorice type of flavor
- Almond extract
- Coconut oil
Think of your favorite flavor and put it in your coffee!
Top It Off
Whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream make a great summer time topper for your drink.
Add marshmallows, sprinkles, marashino cherries or sliced berries
Serve it fancy with a straw and a thin slice of lemon or lime draped on the side.
STAY GROUNDED! ESPRESSO YOURSELF!
Join us at the Creektee Cafe and enjoy these articles:
- Creektee Cafe – Coffee (don’t spill the beans!)
- Creeektee Cafe – A Brief History Of Coffee
- Creektee Cafe – Tea